Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Two Projects Featuring the NEW Ombré Dreams Collection!

Hello everyone! 

I'm checking in today to share a card and a tag that I created using the brand new "Ombré Dreams" paper collection from Blue Fern Studios, as well as some new chipboard pieces too!

"You Make Me Smile" 
This paper collection comes just in time for summer- with its fresh, light colors and dreamy patterns, I couldn't wait to start putting it to good use! Here I've created a card using the "Ginger's Dream" paper on top and "Leslie's Dream" for the base. There was just enough design in the upper right-hand corner of the "Ginger's Dream" paper to perfectly compliment the card design I had in mind.

I'm really loving circular pieces and frames at the moment, and this "Treasured Floral Frame" was just what I needed for my card. I took a white Prima Chalk Edger ink pad and used that to mostly cover the piece, leaving just a hint of the raw chipboard to show through. I then wrapped it with white wire cord.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Ombré Dreams "Ginger's Dream" Paper
Ombré Dreams "Leslie's Dream" Paper
Treasured Floral Frame

Next, I have a pretty little gift tag for you :)

"Follow Your Dream"
Everyone loves butterflies {including me!}, so I was very excited to see the new "Royal Monarchs" that were recently released! Paired with a set of the {also new} "Layering Stems", I thought the combination suited nicely this particular sentiment.

The butterfly piece was covered with Ranger Glossy Accents and then sprinkled with microbeads. Allow the glossy accents to dry on their own rather than heating them with a heat gun as the glossy accents tend to bubble up and scorch otherwise. The stems were misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in "Blush" and, while wet, covered with clear embossing powder and set with a heat gun.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Ombré Dreams "Dream Cards" Paper
Royal Monarchs
Layering Stems

Thank-you for visiting today and taking a look at my projects this month!

Don't forget to check out our sketch challenge while you're here- there's still some time to get your entry in!

7 comments:

Romy said...

They are both so soft and sweet. You have used this collection beautifully!

Lizzyc said...

These are both so very pretty...

anikenitet said...

Very loveling card an the tag is beautifull !

Lizzy Hill said...

Soooo soft & dreamy...just GORGEOUS:))

Patty O'Malley said...

Breathtaking card and tag! That chipboard and papers are gorgeous!

dstandard said...

WOW these are both just gorgeous! Soft and full of awesome details!

Solange Barreto said...

Amo seu trabalho. Beijo.