Sunday, September 1, 2013

Blue Fern Studios Sketch Challenge~!

Good morning and welcome to September! What does September mean for you? For my family, it means hunting season is beginning (my husband is a bear hunting guide and bear hunting season opens today!), the majority of the garden harvesting happens this month, apple season is just around the corner, and so is Fall. Cooler temps, baking, and bring on the holidays because HERE they come!

This is the busiest time of the year for me and it doesn't slow down until after Christmas. It's also the time that we start scrambling to prepare for winter because from here on out, you just never know when the white stuff (a.k.a. SNOW) is going to fly!

But guess what? I can stop rambling to you here and save you the details...because I've finally slapped together a makeshift blog for my hobby farm life- if you like hearing my tales, you can read much more about them HERE at my Yellow Birch Hobby Farm blog :). I understand that many of you like to come to a scrappy blog and hear nothing but scrap, right? But some of you like the details behind the designer, and you can get more of those details at my new blog. Not that I'll stop sharing here- although I DO try to keep it at minimum ;). Just thought I'd do a little shameless plug to try and get my new blog off the ground ;)

OKAY! Back to business. It's time for a new sketch challenge at Blue Fern Studios- and can you believe it- I played along this month. What's even BETTER is that BFS has teamed up with 7 Dots Studio and the teams have had a swap! Meaning the BFS team will be using 7 Dots products on their projects this month and the 7 Dots team will be featuring BFS products. Pretty cool!

"La-la-la-la-Lola"
So...I just couldn't help myself on the title. This little chickie is my favorite hen in my flock. Her name (obviously) is Lola and she is the sweetest little princess. She entertains a pretty serious love affair with my head rooster Rusty...I even "caught" them in the nest box together the other day. And since roosters certainly do not lay eggs...he really had no business in that nest box ;)! Lol- it gave me a good laugh, that's for sure! ;)

But enough about chickens (you can read all about them at my new blog LOL- seriously, I'm laughing at my promotion as it feels kinda funny)- here's the sketch this month over at BFS:


As always, feel free to flip/turn/mirror the sketch to suit you. I've rotated this sketch one turn to the right.

I've used a few of the newer BFS chipboard pieces here. Above is the Spring Branch, and in the bottom right I've used a couple of sprigs from the All Natural Set. All just gorgeous pieces!!

From 7 Dots Studio I've used the Messy Head collection by Olga Heldwein, which you know very well by now how much I love! :)

Products Used:

Spring Branch
 
All Natural Set

For full details and prize info, be sure to visit the Blue Fern Studios September Sketch Challenge post HERE

Thanks for coming on over! Have a wonderful day :)

15 comments:

Valia Katzaki said...

The page is very sweet!good luck on your new blog too!

Romy said...

It's such a sweet lay-out! I just love your use of colours and all the pretty roses that you have added.

Brendaxx said...

Love your layout!! Great papers,lovely details(LOVE the flowers!) and cute pics:)

Lizzyc said...

Gorgeous layout, love the title and photo!!

Ella Swan said...

Oh so cute!! I owe about 500 comments (I know because I file them separately in the hopes that I can get a chance to return then) in my dreams LOL so I don't hold out a lot of hope that I'll be great at keeping up with your other blog but when I can make it there I sure will!

Davi said...

Love this LO Erin, very fun with the cute pic of your sweet hen, love how you framed her and the soft colors! AND a rooster in the nest box..... something hinky is going on :)

Unknown said...

Erin you are simply amazing, this layout is breathtaking

Ashley Horton said...

Love the cute title for this page, Erin! And I love the way you used the twine to highlight Lola in the photo!

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this layout--so sweet! Good luck with the new blog--I will be stopping by!

Sandra Bernard said...

Oh wow!! C'est magnifique!! Bravo!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!! This is just absolutely beautiful!!!!!! <3!

Patricia said...

I am surely going to follow your new blog as well...Just love reading about your country life...and Bear hunting??? can not miss out on those stories!

Unknown said...

So love this layout Erin...love visiting your blog and your daily life stories.. will be visiting your other blog for sure! Hope you are well :)x

Keren Tamir said...

This looks so cute!! Well the picture is cute and the LO is beautiful as always.

Olga Siedlecka said...

Just fabulous!