Thursday, May 30, 2013

PaperHaus June Sketch Challenge~!

Good morning, friends! 

I'm very excited because today I get to share my very first project for PaperHaus~! It's time to take a look at the sketch challenge for the month of June, through which you could win yourself the opportunity to be a guest designer in a future sketch challenge for PaperHaus. How cool is that?!

I had a wonderful time creating my sample for the June sketch...

"Model Looks"
My baby Gunner sure looks like his daddy- and he is incredibly handsome! I often joke about Gunner being model material (haha!), but how can I not when he is just so darn gorgeous?! (does that sound vain of me? well, who cares!) 

I captured this stunning photo of my little guy on Mother's Day. He's so good at the serious look, lol.

Here is the June Sketch from PaperHaus:

And a little closer of a look at my layout:

I liked the idea of layering my banners and decided to incorporate one of the "Page Chains" from Blue Fern Studios. Such a cool piece!


I've obviously used a ton of Prima on this one {as always} including papers from Divine, Lifetime, and Lyric, as well as a bunch of Winter 2013 CHA flowers {with the addition of an older but very loved Script Vine}, letter stickers, and a sweet trinket.


I sure hope you can play along with us this month! See what some of the other PaperHaus Contributers have created for this month's sketch HERE~!

Oh! And make sure you mark your calendars- PaperHaus will be having a 7-Day Blog Hop that runs from June 1st-7th to celebrate the release of their Summer publication! I hope you can join us- there will be LOTS of goodies to be won, so you do not want to miss out!

Thank-you for coming by my blog today :)~ I hope you are all doing well~!

21 comments:

juscrap said...

I am delighted with this page Erin! This photo is sweet.xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout of a beautiful child! I love how you always incorporate so many sweet details on your layouts such as the pennants, chain and charm.

Sandra said...

wow i love what you did for that sketch!! love the way you did your banner and love all of your détails!! so beautifull!

sandi said...

Love your gorgeous take on the sketch! Simply beautiful!

Romy said...

It's such a lovely, soft lay-out! Truly love it!

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous reveal for your first PaperHaus project, Erin!! Love the neutral background with the pops of color from those beautiful flowers!!

Scraps of Elegance said...

You're a perfect fit at PaperHaus Erin. The layers on this piece are outstanding. Beautiful work as always.

LISA said...

So gorgeous..The layout and Gunner!! You and PaperHaus are like a hand in glove...Perfect fit!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is awesome!

Caroline said...

Hey Erin.. Firstly sorry for being so behind with checking out projects! Hopefully I can share why on Saturday /Sunday..
Your layout is as always divine! Love that there is lots of white, accentuates the colours used & just looks so cool. Especially with such a wonderful photo.. And No you are not vain simply very proud, quite right too!!
Promise to get up to date by early next week +so many over at sb.com)..
Thank you
Take care. Caroline :)))

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous! That photo is stunning, those eyes are smoldering... wow.. definitely model material! i love the neutral back ground colors and then the explosions of colors with your flower clusters.. gorgeous layout again!!

Di Garling said...

STUNNING Erin & yes he is rather gorgeous. Love this. Cheers Di xo

hotpotato said...

gorgeous layout and yes Gunner is a handsome young chap.

Ella Swan said...

Stunning layout! Gunner is without a doubt uber gorgeous!! Awesome page. Lovely Prima flowers!!!

Davi said...

Gorgeous, I love the LO and all the white on the background. Really make the embellies pop and of course your ultra handsome son, star of the LO ;)

Laurie said...

simply gorgeous Erin, the layout and the little guy!!

Mrs Frizz said...

yep - he's a cutie patootie ... definitely model potential and your layout ... another stunner.

Chantalle said...

Totally rocked it! That paperchain is fab

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful, I love the muted colour base and then the bright pops of colours from your clusters :)

Unknown said...

I can't get enough of that face!!!!!!! Love this layout!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layout...and I love your little clusters.