Friday, May 3, 2013

May Challenge @ Once Upon A...Sketch (and my RAK WINNER!!)

Whew! Where did this week go?! Hard to believe it's already Friday here- but it is most definitely welcomed!!

Today I'm here to share with you the latest challenge at Once Upon A...Sketch- and don't forget to check the end of my post for the WINNER of my RAK from the C'est Magnifique Blog Hop this past weekend :)!

"6 Years"
It's incredible to me that over 6 years have gone by since my husband and I first got together. It was really nice to do a layout about him as I don't generally get the chance, and I likely would not have gotten this milestone recorded hadn't I been prompted by the latest challenge at Once Upon A...Sketch!


Theme: Numbers!!!

This month, we ask you to include a number , ANY number, on your layout. It has to be VISIBLE on your layout and it can be in your title or part of your journalling. It can be a date, an age, a house number, an anniversary, the number of children you have, the number of pets ....anything you like. But please make sure that there is some explanation through your journalling, somewhere on your page or blog about what this number means to you. 

Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Let's take a look at some closeups :)

I've stamped this Blue Fern Studios "Vintage Key" piece to match other elements in my layout. Such a simple process but I always love the result!

 The chipboard cogs are from the "Widgetworks" pack from Blue Fern Studios :)

I love this splat mask from The Crafter's Workshop. Here I've used texture paste to give it some added body.

My hidden journaling :)

The deadline for this challenge is midnight May 25th Australian Eastern Standard Time. I'm excited to see eveyrone's entries- always interesting to see how the sketch and the journaling prompt are interpreted :).

NOW...on to the WINNER of my RAK from the C'est Magnifique Blog Hop!

After compiling all of the eligible entries and excluding duplicates, I randomized the list, numbered it, and entered it into random.org:


CONGRATS  to:
 
 Keridinha!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Please contact me within 7 days to claim your prize!! 
erin_divisionair@yahoo.com

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the hop!

Have a great weekend :)

19 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey, Erin - just as well you're on the DT over at OUA...S - cos otherwise you'd win with this one [heehee]...it really is just...PERFECT!! I totally adore it ~ the colours, the way you've used B&W photos....the bg...gobsmacking:):):) And CONGRATS on your RAK winner, Keridinha...enjoy your goodies!!!

Chloe said...

What a lovely page! I have a 'splat' mask too that I never use ... must dig it out after seeing this!! :D

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous layout Erin, so love this arrangement

Lizzyc said...

Hi..This is beautiful.. not sure what more I can say that I don't always say.. really love your back grounds, your layers and always love the flowers and such a special theme this time too with a tribute to your wonderful hubby!! love this!!

morkaren said...

Dejligt LO, og smukt pyntet (man kan sagtens bruge blomster til mande billeder) jeg vil nok vende tilbage og kikke endnu engang for du er meget inspirerende. knus morkaren.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout, Erin! Love the masculine look of it with the flowers.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful page! Love that it is frilly with a touch of masculine.

Ella Swan said...

What a lovely page Erin! Sure hubs was chuffed as beans to see himself there! Have a great weekend!!

Davi said...

A beautiful LO with your husband Erin! I love the background to go with it and cool little hidden journaling!

orange gearle said...

This is awesome, Erin. Love the colors!

Laurie said...

lucky you, he's a handsome one and the layout is gorgeous, nice manly colors :) love it!

hotpotato said...

gorgeous layout, your work is so stunning I just love to see what you create.

Ashley Horton said...

Great use of the Sketch Erin, and I love the b&w photo you used with this color scheme!

Belinda Scott said...

Oh my, such a beautiful layout!!! :)

Sonia said...

Happy weekend my dear friend^_^
Another wonderful layout^_^
Gorgeous details and colors^_^
Big hugs,
Sonia

Mrs Frizz said...

awwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhh ... gorgeous creativity ... but that's nothing new ... every one of your creations is a masterpiece ...

Mrs Frizz said...

oops - and I giggled at the state of your hands ... just saying ...

Eila Sandberg said...

Chiming in as always with the praize! Every single layout you create is a stunner, always pretty colours, marvellous details and with that distinct "wow" factor. Beautiful work again Erin! xoxo

Miranda Edney said...

Erin this I sjust beautiful!!!!!!