Sunday, January 20, 2013

Selected Scrapper @ Skissedilla: Week 3~!

Good morning! Another Sunday has come which means a new sketch from Skissedilla :). As you know, I'm guest designing there this month and have had such a great time creating with their sketches~! Today we reveal to you Sketch #194. It's always interesting to see where a sketch will take me- I never know if I will follow it closely or stray, but usually it ends up being a little bit of both- if that makes ANY sense~!

I've been trying to get some of my "older" photos scrapped- mainly those from this past year. I was happy to finally create a layout for this special photo of my husband and our daughter, taken last Easter (her first!)...

"Thank Heaven for Little Girls"
I wanted my color palette to be as soft and sweet as this moment between father & daughter :). I've used paper from Riddersholm Design (Denmark), which I actually received in my very first C'est Magnifique kit back in February 2011. I LOVE this paper, so I've been hoarding it ever since! But I figured it was "time"...

Sketch #194, designed by Nabon:

And of course a closer peek:



I keep waiting for my bead obsession to subside...but it's just not going anywhere. So you're going to have to put up with seeing more of this madness until I either find something else to love this much, or just plain get sick of it! ;)



Products Used:


And as a reminder, the RAK I'm going to be giving away to one lucky participant! I'm sure it will be no easy task, but I get to take a look at each and every entry from the month and choose my winner :D~!

I sure hope you can play along with this week's sketch! Hope to see you linked up over there~ I'm excited to see what you create! 

Thanks SO much for stopping by- hope your weekend has been awesome :)

Take care,

24 comments:

Gitte said...

wow what an beautiful layout.

Keren Tamir said...

This LO really shows your soft feminine style. It turned out amazing.

morkaren said...

Skønt LO, med far og datter, og dit "perledrys" kan jeg rigtig godt lide, jeg undre mig over hvad lim du bruger for at få dem til at blive hængende. knus morkaren.

Laurie said...

this is really sweet, I love how Josh is looking at Aspen, love...gorgeous layout too :)!

Patty O'Malley said...

Just so breathtakingly beautiful! Love all the pretty details. Your bows always look so perfect. How do you make them?

Tracee said...

Such beautiful details and adorable pictures! Tx

ingrid said...

stunning as always!! xxx

Unknown said...

This page is perfection..absolutely beautiful in every way!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

ADORE your bead obsession!!!!!! And I really like how the whole page is 'grounded' with that book paper at the back....skissedilla sketches are really fabbo:):):)

Rachael Funnell said...

Another SIMPLY STUNNING creation Erin... TOTALLY Love the doubled photos!!!

Romy said...

Oh la la, how beautiful! The colours are so fresh and pretty and look fabulous together. Plus I really love how you layered the photos.

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous layout and what a beautiful touching photo! :)

Sandra said...

Such a special layout, the paper is perfect as are all the embellishments.

Vicka Mangione said...

I love this page! So soft and beautiful and so many details that I am lost:) Thank you for inspiration!

Belinda Scott said...

So very beautiful, a moment caught in time :)

Ashley Horton said...

Those photos are so sweet, Erin! I love the way you repeated and layered them. The title is perfect and I love the book page you added behind your photos!

Evgenia Petzer said...

one of my personal favs of yours:) love it!

Words and Pictures said...

What an absolutely stunning layout - starting with the adorable photo, and then that gorgeous layering of bookpage, corrugated card, the heavenly die-cuts and flowers and all in colours that are so delicately pretty without being too girly - wow, wow, wow!
Alison x

rush said...

i love your obsession with beads! and your layout is gorgeous!

Lizzyc said...

HI..This layout is gorgeous.. so very special.. and love your use of beads.. love all your trends!! love your beautiful style!

The Jule Box Studios said...

Way pretty Erin! I have tons of microbeads and used them only a couple of times...I am definitely gonna scrap-lift the idea from ya...cuz I don't know what else to do with them all...lol! Thanks for sharing! Jules:)

Davi said...

Fabulous LO Erin! I love all the softness to accent such a precious moment between Daddy and daughter.
The birdcage and beautiful sentiment really are wonderful. I love beads and love love how you use them on your LOs, so keep it up :)

Debbie said...

You've captured the essence of true beauty in your layout Erin. The photos are precious and your choice of papers and embellishments are lovely! Congrats on the GDT! Love those little beads. Purchased some of them yesterday to give a try.

Ella Swan said...

So sweet Erin! Congratulations and wow that RAK looks yummy!!